A baby in the making

We recently discovered that we are parents-to-be. We wanted to blog the entire pregnancy experience until the birth. We hope you enjoy reading our experiences all of it and share some of yours.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I am now 14 weeks pregnant and it is all going well. Puneet and me had a small Christmas party for his friends and course mates on Christmas Eve. Now both of us were tired with exams and work respectively, but we decided to go ahead decorate the place with Christmas baubles and the crib, because we wanted our unborn baby to start getting a hang of that Christmassy feeling.

See, I am Catholic and Puneet is Hindu, yes priests and friends have often told us about the "confusion" our child might have over religon. I have no clever answers to give them, but all I can say is - We aren't confused so why should our child be?

It is not that Puneet has his Hindu path and I have my catholic path. As husband and wife we have to walk on each others paths, so that means celebrating Christmas and Diwali. Going to church and to the temple.

We would like our baby to be like the both of us - open minded to religon.

I am glad Puneet kept wishing our guests a Happy Christmas and a Merry Diwali. Funny husband I have.

Compliments of the Season!

Love,
Cecilia

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Shankari said...

    Hi C!
    Followed you from Prithi. Given that you have this blog with a theme, do check out blogs such as verymom at www.verymom.com.
    It may not be what you are saying but a lot of it is very relevant for women across the world.
    And I do hope you come by my blog too!
    All the best and the 'appropriate' greetings to P! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home